COVID-19 Guidelines for Patients and Staff
At Dee Why Skin we observe the following guidelines for the safety and protection of our patients and staff. The guidelines are consistent with the COVID-19 guidelines of the various medical professional colleges to which we belong.
- Staff with symptoms of fever, cough and fatigue will not attend work.
- Reception areas and staff are protected by measures such as appropriate screening and social distancing.
- All consultations will be by appointment only and spaced to minimise patient crossover.
- Patients will be questioned within the 24-hour period before an appointment regarding any acute illness, with particular emphasis on fever & respiratory symptoms. The appointment will be cancelled if a patient is symptomatic of an illness.
- On entering the clinic patients are questioned about any respiratory or febrile illness. If they have such symptoms, they will be politely counselled to leave the clinic and to see their GP as soon as possible for consideration of COVID-19 testing.
- Only one person at a time will attend for an appointment with minimal crossover in waiting room and with adherence to 1.5m distancing.
- If the patient is a child, they will be accompanied by only one adult.
- Patients are directed to hand sanitation on entering the clinic.
- Appropriate personal protection will be utilised by the practitioners and assistants for procedures including consideration of masks, eye protection, gowns and single use gloves.
- Ideally treatments are not for a protracted period of time.
- Appropriate anti-bacterial/viral antiseptic preparations are utilised for procedures.
- After each treatment all surfaces utilised during the procedure will be cleansed with appropriate anti-bacterial/viral agents.
- In the clinic regular anti-bacterial/viral cleansing of items such as door handles and surfaces will be undertaken.